We have a number of dedicated coaches and staff at our Soccer Centres. Each coach holds a minimum of the following qualifications/checks:
- FA DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly Criminal Records Bureau)
- FA Licensed Coaches’ Club
- First Aid Certificate
- Minimum FA Level 1 in Association Football Coaching
- FA Safeguarding Course
- Several of our coaches have attended Disability Awareness courses, including Coaching Disabled Footballers, Coaching Blind footballers and Coaching Deaf footballers.
- Becoming a coach (plus young coaches scheme)
Becoming a Coach
We run a fantastic project which assists young players aged 12+ on a pathway to become an FA qualified football coach. From the age of 12, we encourage young players to assist a senior coach at the Soccer Centre to give them an opportunity to see if they would enjoy this role in the future. We then offer a structured pathway through the journey to becoming an FA qualified coach – funded through the Hedley Foundation.
Age 12-16 years – Mentored through the coaching process under the supervision of a senior coach and supported to attend Lancashire FA courses for Young Volunteers.
Age 14-21 years – Our young coaches or volunteers are supported and encouraged to take part in the Lancashire FA Football Futures Scheme.
Age 16 years – Young coaches who show potential and discipline will then be placed on a FA Level 1 Coaches Course, again paid for by the Soccer Centre.
Requirements for the young coaches scheme:
- Coaches must be at least 12 years old
- Must be self-disciplined
- Must have the desire to be a coach
- Must be smart in appearance
- Must adhere to the code of conduct of the centre
- Must assist the senior coaches
If you are interested in becoming a coach, we have a dedicated coach mentoring pathway with our own senior FA Coach/Tutor.
We can offer guidance on:
- FA & UEFA Coaching courses
- Age appropriate courses
- First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
- Speed & Agility
Do you want to be a Football Coach? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our coaches are the foundation of the Soccer Centre, without them we would be unable to operate. All attendees on courses funded via the Peter Dunkerley Coaching Foundation provide coaching for the young players at the Sir Tom Finney Preston Development Centre on Saturday mornings and on school holiday courses.
Chair of the Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre, on behalf of the Trustees.